Reasons why I’m excited for “Dear White People:”
- Black actors portraying 3-dimensional characters
- Honest social commentary
- Targeted to the college age demographic
- Thorough exploration of the various forms of racism in America
- Tessa Thompson’s voice and Tyler William’s afro wig
Reasons why I’m not excited for “Dear White People:”
- White people calling it racist
- Mainstream media agreeing with the white people calling it racist
"Children should be seen and not heard."
And that’s why your now-adult children don’t know how to communicate with you or other people, how to put their best foot forward to make moves in this world, without having a moment of greater self-doubt and uncertainty in their words and hearts.
I remember in year 2 there was a girl who had literally never had a haircut so her hair was ridiculously long [imagine Rapunzel basically] and she always complained about it but her mum wouldn’t let her get it cut
So one day at recess she put an entire pack of chewed gum in her hair at the exact length she wanted it cut to.
She came in the next day with her hair cut how she wanted it and a smug grin on her face and I knew that that girl was going places.